Visitors can enjoy all that Windermere has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Walt Disney World®, Universal Studios Florida™, and SeaWorld® Orlando are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 8864 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Orlando
- The closest major airport is in Kissimmee, FL (ISM-Kissimmee Gateway), 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 15.2 mi (24.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Windermere
The picturesque setting of Lake Butler and Tibet Butler Preserve exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Isleworth Golf and Country Club to your agenda.
As you start planning your visit to Windermere, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 872 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- 2638 Windsor Hills is located 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the heart of Windermere. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Orlando can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Luxury Stay in Orlando is 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the center of Windermere. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Lake Buena Vista can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Avanti Palms Resort and Conference Center is 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from central Windermere. This 4-star resort in Orlando features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 3 restaurants. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Walt Disney World®, 4.8 mi/7.7 km from the heart of the city, and Universal Studios Florida™, which is 4.8 mi (7.7 km) away.
Dressing for Windermere
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 59°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Windermere gets about 53.19 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 52°F