Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Adirondacks has to offer. There are 117 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Lake Placid, NY (LKP), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Saranac Lake, NY (SLK-Adirondack Regional), 23.1 mi (37.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Adirondacks
Places to visit in the larger region include Mount Jo, Olympic Sports Complex, and Mount Van Hoevenberg Cross Country Ski Area. Additionally, you'll find Roaring Brook Falls and Cascade Cross Country Ski Center in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Adirondacks, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can select from 117 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- High Peaks Resort is 12.8 mi (20.5 km) from the center of Adirondacks. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Lake Placid can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Best Western Adirondack Inn is 12.2 mi (19.7 km) from central Adirondacks. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Lake Placid can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- The Whiteface Lodge is located 13.4 mi (21.6 km) from the heart of Adirondacks. This 4.5-star resort in Lake Placid features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Dressing for Adirondacks
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 43°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 20°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 4°F as the nighttime average
- Adirondacks gets about 37.48 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°F