Visitors can enjoy all that Amherst has to offer including the live music, riverfront, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants. Top sights in the area include Quicken Loans Arena, Great Lakes Science Center, and FirstEnergy Stadium.
- You'll find 248 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cleveland
- The closest major airport is in Cleveland, OH (CLE-Hopkins Intl.), 22 mi (35.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cleveland, OH (BKL-Burke Lakefront), 31.6 mi (50.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amherst
Places to visit in the larger region include Mill Hollow Bacon Woods Memorial Park, Tappan Square, and Allen Memorial Art Museum. You'll also find Oberlin College and Paper Moon Winery in the area.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
Dressing for Amherst
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- About 39.57 inches of rain falls on Amherst each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°F