Families will find kid-friendly activities in Independence, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, fun sporting events, and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its museums and bars. Around the area, top sights include Progressive Field, Quicken Loans Arena, and Cleveland Museum of Art.
- You'll find 248 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cleveland
- The closest major airport is in Cleveland, OH (BKL-Burke Lakefront), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cleveland, OH (CLE-Hopkins Intl.), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Independence
Progressive Field, Quicken Loans Arena, and Cleveland Museum of Art are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Great Lakes Science Center and FirstEnergy Stadium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Independence. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Cleveland Independence - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and WiFi.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Cleveland Independence - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hyatt Place Independence - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, located 9 mi (14.5 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Independence
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 36.38 inches of rain falls on Independence each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F