Families will find kid-friendly activities in Elyria, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, sporting events, and university setting. Top sights in the area include Quicken Loans Arena, Great Lakes Science Center, and FirstEnergy Stadium.
- You'll find 248 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cleveland
- The closest major airport is in Cleveland, OH (CLE-Hopkins Intl.), 14.3 mi (23 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cleveland, OH (BKL-Burke Lakefront), 24.4 mi (39.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Elyria
The picturesque setting of Rowland Nature Preserve and Black River State Reservation exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Lorain County Community College to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Elyria. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Elyria, OH - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Elyria, OH - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Getting Around Elyria
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Elyria Station. Elyria might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Elyria
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Elyria gets about 39.57 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°F