Visiting Byron Bay
Travelers to Byron Bay give high marks for the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location. Top sights in the city include Main Beach, Clarkes Beach, and Wategos Beach.
- There are 862 hotels and other accommodations in Byron Bay
- The closest major airport is in Ballina, NSW (BNK-Ballina - Byron Gateway), 13.9 mi (22.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lismore, NSW (LSY), 25.1 mi (40.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Byron Bay
Cultural venues in the city include Bangalow Historical Museum & Tea Rooms, Brunswick Picture House, and Ballina Naval and Maritime Museum. Attractions like Macadamia Castle and ISKCON New Govardhana are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Cape Byron Lighthouse, Crystal Castle & Shambhala Gardens, and Captain Cook Lookout.
In Byron Bay, you'll be able to select from 862 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- A View of Mt Warning Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with a private pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Cavvanbah Beach House - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Bower Byron Bay - This 3.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Byron Bay include Main Beach, Clarkes Beach, and Wategos Beach.
Getting Around Byron Bay
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Mullumbimby Station. Byron Bay may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Byron Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 54°F
- Average annual rainfall for Byron Bay is 1.34 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 46°F