Visiting Seal Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Seal Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its walkable and welcoming setting. Around the area, top sights include RMS Queen Mary, Knott's Berry Farm, and Disney California Adventure® Park.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Seal Beach
- The closest major airport is in Long Beach, CA (LGB-Long Beach Municipal), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Seal Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Seal Beach National Wildlife Refuge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Red Car Museum and Seal Beach Pier.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Seal Beach. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ayres Hotel Seal Beach - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Pacific Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include RMS Queen Mary, 6.8 mi/10.9 km from the heart of the city, and Knott's Berry Farm, which is 7.7 mi (12.4 km) away.
Dressing for Seal Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 45°F at night
- About 11.54 inches of rain falls on Seal Beach each year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 46°F