Visiting Central Oregon Coast
Travelers to Central Oregon Coast give high marks for the seaside, must-see aquarium, and seafood restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its casinos and shopping. Top sights in the city include Oregon Coast Aquarium, Nye Beach, and Whale Watching Center.
- You'll find 2719 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oregon Coast
- The closest major airport is in Corvallis, OR (CVO-Corvallis Municipal), 36.3 mi (58.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Eugene, OR (EUG-Mahlon Sweet Field), 41.1 mi (66.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Central Oregon Coast
Cultural venues in the city include Whale Watching Center, The Wax Works, and Ripley's Believe It or Not. Attractions like Oregon Coast Aquarium, Oregon Undersea Gardens, and Tradewinds Charters are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Heceta Head Lighthouse, Yaquina Bay Lighthouse, and Yaquina Head Light House.
In Central Oregon Coast, you'll be able to select from 568 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Whale Cove Inn - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Overleaf Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Channel House - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Other top sights in Central Oregon Coast include Nye Beach and Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area.
Dressing for Central Oregon Coast
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- About 67.28 inches of rain falls on Central Oregon Coast each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F