Visitors can enjoy all that Clayton has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and museums. Lafayette Gallery, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Concord, and Chabot Space and Science Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 72 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Concord
- The closest major airport is in Concord, CA (CCR-Buchanan Field), 7.5 mi (12 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hayward, CA (HWD-Hayward Executive), 21.8 mi (35.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Clayton
Lafayette Gallery, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Concord, and Chabot Space and Science Center are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Sleep Train Pavilion and Newhall Community Park.
As you start planning your visit to Clayton, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Crowne Plaza Concord / Walnut Creek is located 7.4 mi (12 km) from the heart of Clayton. This 3.5-star hotel in Concord features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and overall value.
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza is 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from central Clayton. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Berkeley can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and proximity to shopping.
- Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont Hotel is 17.9 mi (28.9 km) from the center of Clayton. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Berkeley can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Clayton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 81°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- Clayton gets about 16.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 40°F