Families enjoy visiting Delta though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its riverfront. Around the area, top sights include Granville Island Public Market, Stanley Park, and Metropolis at Metrotown.
- You'll find 514 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Vancouver
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mayne Island, BC (YAV-Miners Bay Seaplane Base), 21.3 mi (34.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Delta
The picturesque setting of Centennial Beach and Boundary Bay Regional Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Wellbrook Winery is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Delta Museum and Tsawwassen Mills.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Delta. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Coast Tsawwassen Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Delta Town & Country Inn - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Beach Grove Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and 24-hour room service, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location.
Top places to visit around the area include Granville Island Public Market, 14 mi/22.6 km from the city center, and Stanley Park, which is 15.8 mi/25.4 km away.
Dressing for Delta
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- Delta gets about 1.57 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F