Visiting Dickson City
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Dickson City, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and entertainment choices.
- You'll find 64 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Scranton
- The closest major airport is in Wilkes-Barre, PA (AVP-Scranton Intl.), 10.1 mi (16.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dickson City
Places to visit in the larger region include Marywood University, Houdini Museum, and Lahey Family Fun Park. Additionally, you'll find Summit University of Pennsylvania and The Commonwealth Medical College in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Dickson City Scranton - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Dickson City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 20°F at night
- About 38.27 inches of rain falls on Dickson City each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F