Visiting Downtown Vancouver
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Downtown Vancouver, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its shopping, coffeehouses, and bars. Top sights around the area include Moda Center, Portland International Raceway, and Portland Meadows Racetrack.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Downtown Vancouver
- The closest major airport is in Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Downtown Vancouver
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Esther Short Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Vancouver Farmers Market is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Clark County Historical Museum and Interstate Bridge.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Downtown Vancouver. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hilton Vancouver Washington - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver - Our customers like the quiet location and bathrooms at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Econo Lodge Vancouver - This 2-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Moda Center, located 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city center, and Portland International Raceway, which is 3 mi (4.8 km) away.
Dressing for Downtown Vancouver
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- Average annual rainfall for Downtown Vancouver is 41.65 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 33°F