Travelers to Duluth give high marks for the lakeside setting, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, local tours, and sporting events. Top sights in the city include AMSOIL Arena, Miller Hill Mall, and Spirit Mountain.
- There are 95 hotels and other accommodations in Duluth
- The closest major airport is in Duluth, MN (DLH-Duluth Intl.), 5.2 mi (8.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Duluth
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Lake Superior Railroad Museum, Duluth Children's Museum, and S.S. William A. Irvin Ore Boat Museum. Attractions like North Shore Scenic Railroad, Great Lakes Aquarium, and Bayfront Festival Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Aerial Lift Bridge, Glensheen Historic Estate, and Enger Tower.
In Duluth, there are 95 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duluth North - Miller Hill - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hostel du Nord - Our customers like the helpful staff and walkable location at this hostel. Guests who stay at this 2-star hostel in Downtown - Waterfront can enjoy access to a sauna and a 24-hour business center, along with free WiFi.
- Canal Park Lodge - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Canal Park can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Other favorite sights in Duluth include AMSOIL Arena, Miller Hill Mall, and Spirit Mountain.
Dressing for Duluth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 41°F and the nighttime average to be 5°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 6°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Duluth is 30.67 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 8°F