Visitors can enjoy all that Hampstead has to offer including the beaches, shopping, and golf courses. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting.
- You'll find 768 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wilmington
- The closest major airport is in Wilmington, NC (ILM-Wilmington Intl.), 17.7 mi (28.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, NC (OAJ-Albert J. Ellis), 27.6 mi (44.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hampstead
Favorite places to visit in the city include Castle Bay Country Club, Olde Point Golf & Country Club, and Topsail Island. Additionally, you'll find Missiles and More Museum and Southside Park in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Hampstead, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 113 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Waterfront With Access to Boat Dock Along the Intracoastal Waterway! is 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from central Hampstead. This 2-star motel in Wilmington features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Baymont by Wyndham Wilmington is 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the center of Hampstead. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Wilmington can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Hotel Ballast Wilmington, Tapestry Collection by Hilton is located 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from the heart of Hampstead. This 3-star hotel in Wilmington features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Hampstead
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- Hampstead gets about 57.83 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F