Visiting West Chester
History buffs will enjoy exploring West Chester, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its gardens, university setting, and bars. A top sight in the area is Longwood Gardens.
- You'll find 48 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Exton
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 20.1 mi (32.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Chester
The city's cultural venues include Chester County Historical Society and American Helicopter Museum and Education Center. Favorite family attractions include QVC Studio Park and Brandywine Picnic Park. The university setting is a highlight of the city and West Chester University of Pennsylvania is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in West Chester. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- 1732 Folke Stone Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and bathrooms.
- Faunbrook Bed & Breakfast - Our customers love the clean rooms and location at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Brinton Hotel & Suites - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Longwood Gardens, located 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city center.
Dressing for West Chester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- About 50.04 inches of rain falls on West Chester each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F