Families will find kid-friendly activities in Joliet, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and sporting events. Top sights in the city include Rialto Square Theater and Silver Cross Field.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 26.4 mi (42.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (DPA-Dupage), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Joliet
The city's cultural venues include Rialto Square Theater and Joliet Area Historical Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfield Louis Joliet Shopping Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Silver Cross Field and Billie Limacher Bicentennial Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Joliet. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Joliet/Plainfield - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Holiday Inn & Suites - Joliet Southwest - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Joliet South - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Top places to visit around the area include Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, located 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city center, and Chicago Premium Outlets, which is 21.5 mi/34.5 km away.
Getting Around Joliet
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Joliet Gateway Center. Joliet might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Joliet
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Joliet gets about 40.08 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F