Visitors can enjoy all that Lowell has to offer including the live music, hockey games, and theaters. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and riverfront. Top sights around the area include Burlington Mall and Walden Pond.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Lowell
- The closest major airport is in Lawrence, MA (LWM-Lawrence Municipal), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bedford, MA (BED-Laurence G. Hanscom Field), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lowell
Cultural venues in the city include Tsongas Arena, Lowell Memorial Auditorium, and Merrimack Repertory Theater. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are John F Kennedy Civic Center and Lowell National Historical Park.
Here's a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Boston Lowell/Chelmsford - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Burlington Mall, 12.4 mi/19.9 km from the city center, and Walden Pond, which is 14.2 mi (22.8 km) away.
Getting Around Lowell
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Lowell Station. Lowell might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Lowell
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 18°F at night
- About 48.86 inches of rain falls on Lowell each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F