History buffs will enjoy exploring Salem, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its museums, local tours, and shopping. Around the area, top sights include USS Constitution Museum, TD Garden, and Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
- You'll find 1432 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Boston
- The closest major airport is in Beverly, MA (BVY-Beverly Municipal), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.), 12 mi (19.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salem
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Salem Museum, Witch History Museum, and Salem Wax Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Pickering House, Gedney House, and Hamilton Hall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Salem Theatre Company and Phillips House.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Salem. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Merchant - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to public transit.
- Stepping Stone Inn - Our customers like the local sightseeing and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hawthorne Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and beach locale.
Outside the city, popular places to see include USS Constitution Museum, 12.6 mi/20.3 km from the heart of the city, and TD Garden, which is 13.3 mi (21.3 km) away.
Dressing for Salem
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 18°F at night
- About 47.40 inches of rain falls on Salem each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F