Visitors can enjoy all that Ayer has to offer including its restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. A top sight in the area is Walden Pond.
- You'll find 13 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Leominster
- The closest major airport is in Nashua, NH (ASH-Nashua Municipal), 14.9 mi (23.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bedford, MA (BED-Laurence G. Hanscom Field), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ayer
Walden Pond is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Kimball Farm and MIT Haystack Observatory in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ayer Motor Inn - This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
Getting Around Ayer
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Ayer Station. Ayer may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Ayer
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 16°F at night
- Ayer gets about 47.17 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F