Visiting Long Beach
Travelers to Long Beach give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its festivals and museums.
- There are 81 hotels and other accommodations in Long Beach
- The closest major airport is in Astoria, OR (AST-Astoria Regional), 16 mi (25.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hoquiam, WA (HQM-Bowerman), 43.4 mi (69.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Long Beach
The city is well known for its festivals and museums, and cultural venues include Marsh's Free Museum, Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center, and World Kite Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Long Beach Boardwalk, Cape Disappointment Lighthouse, and Gray Whale Skeleton. The beaches, sunsets, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Long Beach, Cape Disappointment State Park, and Long Beach Peninsula are worth a visit.
In Long Beach, you'll find 81 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Charles Nelson Guest House B&B - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Campbell House at Klipsan Beach - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. Amenities at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Mermaid Inn - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Long Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 69°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 67.26 inches of rain falls on Long Beach each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 37°F