Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Mestre, and visitors give high marks for the abundant cafés, top-notch restaurants, and local tours. Quaint and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Rialto Bridge, St. Mark's Basilica, and Forte Bazzera.
- You'll find 2496 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Venice
- The closest major airport is in Venice (VCE-Marco Polo), 4.8 mi (7.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Treviso (TSF), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mestre
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Auchan is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Forte Bazzera and Piazza Ferretto.
In Mestre, you'll find 389 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Villa Barbarich - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and proximity to the airport.
- Chiara Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this guesthouse. Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Al Segnavento - Amenities at this farm stay include a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Rialto Bridge, located 6 mi (9.6 km) from the heart of the city, and St. Mark's Basilica, which is 6.3 mi (10.1 km) away.
Getting Around Mestre
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Mestre is a breeze. Head to Mestre Centro B1 for metro transit. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Venice-Mestre Station, Venice Carpenedo Station, or Venice Mestre Ospedale Station.
Dressing for Mestre
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 32°F at night
- About 33.46 inches of rain falls on Mestre each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 33°F