Visiting New Buffalo
Travelers to New Buffalo give high marks for the casinos, beaches, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe.
- You'll find 335 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Benton Harbor
- The closest major airport is in South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.), 23.2 mi (37.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 51.3 mi (82.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Buffalo
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: New Buffalo Public Beach, Galien River County Park, and Townline Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Whittaker Woods Golf Course to your agenda.
In New Buffalo, you'll find 63 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Buffalo - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Getting Around New Buffalo
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from New Buffalo Station. New Buffalo might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for New Buffalo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 19°F at night
- New Buffalo gets about 42.72 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F