Families will find kid-friendly activities in Schaumburg, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and fun sporting events. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Top sights in the area include Millennium Park, Willis Tower, and Skydeck Ledge.
- You'll find 1030 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 9.8 mi (15.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Schaumburg
Favorite family attractions include Legoland Discovery Center and Schaumburg Medieval Times. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Woodfield Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Ned Brown Forest Preserve to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Schaumburg. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Schaumburg - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Chicago Schaumburg - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Chicago Schaumburg - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Schaumburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Schaumburg gets about 36.89 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F