Visitors can enjoy all that Barrington has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and churches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and sporting events. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 13.9 mi (22.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (DPA-Dupage), 17.5 mi (28.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Barrington
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Arboretum of South Barrington is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Baker's Lake Nature Preserve and Makray Memorial Golf Club.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
A top sight outside the city is Six Flags Great America, 19.5 mi/31.3 km from the city center.
Getting Around Barrington
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Barrington Station. Barrington might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Barrington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Barrington gets about 36.89 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F