Find Hotels in Potomac, MD
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Dec 31, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 8, 2021
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Potomac, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This rural city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Arlington National Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial, and White House.
- You'll find 71 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bethesda
- The closest major airport is in Gaithersburg, MD (GAI-Montgomery County Airpark), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 13.3 mi (21.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Potomac
Hiking is a top activity, and TPC Potomac at Avenel Farms is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Arlington National Cemetery and Lincoln Memorial.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- William F. Bolger Center - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include White House, located 13.9 mi (22.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Ford's Theater, which is 14.4 mi (23.1 km) away.
Dressing for Potomac
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 27°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Potomac is 40.31 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 28°F