Families will find kid-friendly activities in McLean, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Around the area, top sights include Arlington National Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial, and White House.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in McLean
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 11 mi (17.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 13.3 mi (21.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in McLean
The picturesque setting of Great Falls Park and Scott's Run Nature Preserve exemplify the city's natural beauty. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Tysons Galleria and Tysons Corner Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Alden Theatre and Claude Moore Colonial Farm.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in McLean. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Tysons - McLean - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hilton McLean Tysons Corner - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to public transit.
Popular places to see outside the city include Arlington National Cemetery, 8.5 mi/13.7 km from the heart of the city, and Lincoln Memorial, which is 9.1 mi/14.7 km away.
Getting Around McLean
Head over to Tysons Corner Station to catch metro. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for McLean
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for McLean is 39.68 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F