Families will find kid-friendly activities in Burnsville, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Mall of America, Minnehaha Park, and Basilica of Saint Mary.
- You'll find 541 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Minneapolis - St. Paul
- The closest major airport is in Minneapolis, MN (MSP-Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl.), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Minneapolis, MN (FCM-Flying Cloud), 9.7 mi (15.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Burnsville
Mall of America, Minnehaha Park, and Basilica of Saint Mary are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Target Center and Mill Ruins Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Burnsville. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Burnsville - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free Internet.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Minneapolis Burnsville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Target Field, 15 mi/24.2 km from the city center, and Xcel Energy Center, which is 15.2 mi/24.5 km away.
Dressing for Burnsville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 7°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 8°F at night
- About 30.63 inches of rain falls on Burnsville each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°F