Visiting Rocky Point
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Rocky Point, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and live music. Top sights around the area include Salvador Dali Museum, Raymond James Stadium, and Big Cat Rescue.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Rocky Point
- The closest major airport is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPF-Peter O. Knight), 8.1 mi (13 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rocky Point
Salvador Dali Museum, Raymond James Stadium, and Big Cat Rescue are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Tampa Museum of Art and Tampa Theater.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Rocky Point. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Westin Tampa Bay Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and central location.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Tampa-Rocky Point - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Lowry Park Zoo, 6.9 mi/11.1 km from the heart of the city, and Tampa Convention Center, which is 7 mi/11.3 km away.
Dressing for Rocky Point
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- Rocky Point gets about 46.30 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 53°F