Families will find kid-friendly activities in Largo, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's breweries, entertainment choices, and gardens. Around the area, top sights include Salvador Dali Museum, Sand Key Park, and Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
- You'll find 2561 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (SPG-Albert Whitted), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Largo
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Florida Botanical Gardens and Walsingham County Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Largo Mall and East Bay Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Largo. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Suites Largo - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Belleair Village Motel - This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Salvador Dali Museum, 12.9 mi/20.8 km from the city center, and Sand Key Park, which is 5.1 mi (8.3 km) away.
Dressing for Largo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 52°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 52°F at night
- Largo gets about 54.72 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 54°F