Visiting Santa Rosa Island
Travelers to Santa Rosa Island give high marks for the beaches, seafood restaurants, and entertainment choices. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park and Pensacola Beach Pier.
- You'll find 1498 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Pensacola
- The closest major airport is in Pensacola, FL (PNS-Pensacola Intl.), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 23.7 mi (38.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Rosa Island
Attractions like Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park and Wild Willy's Adventure Zone are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Pensacola Beach Pier, Fort Pickens, and Okaloosa Island Pier. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Okaloosa Island Beach, John Beasley Park, and Fort Walton Beach Park.
In Santa Rosa Island, there are 1935 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Fort Walton Beach - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Pensacola Beach - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-West Destin - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Southern Raceway, located 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from the city center, and Pensacola Civic Center, which is 17.8 mi (28.6 km) away.
Dressing for Santa Rosa Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 45°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Santa Rosa Island gets about 62.35 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F