Visitors can enjoy all that Santiago has to offer including its monuments. In Santiago, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sur (SJD-Los Cabos Intl.), 20.7 mi (33.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Santiago
A couple of favorite places to visit are Santiago Zoo and Tropic of Cancer Monument. In the area, you'll also find Desertica Cabo Multi Adventure Park and Buena Vista Beach.
As you start planning for your getaway to Santiago, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 43 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Rancho Ecologico Sol De Mayo is 1 mi (1.7 km) from the city's heart. This 2.5-star ranch in Santiago features a restaurant, free parking, and a rooftop terrace.
- Hospedaje San Andrés is located within 1.4 mi (2.2 km) of the city center. This 2-star hostal in Santiago features free WiFi and free parking.
Dressing for Santiago
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 54°F
- From April to June, the average is 97°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 97°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 93°F as the daytime average and 57°F as the nighttime average
- About 7.09 inches of rain falls on Santiago each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 97°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 56°F