Families will find kid-friendly activities in Valle, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and bars. Top sights in the area include Grand Canyon National Park, Mather Point, and Hopi House.
- You'll find 399 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Grand Canyon
- The closest major airport is in Flagstaff, AZ (FLG-Flagstaff Pulliam Field), 46.4 mi (74.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Valle
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and Kaibab National Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Flintstones Bedrock City and Planes of Fame Air Museum.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Grand Canyon Inn & Motel - This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Grand Canyon National Park, located 24 mi (38.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Grandview Point, which is 21 mi/33.8 km away.
Dressing for Valle
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 11°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 22°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 34°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- Valle gets about 16.10 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 13°F