Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Williams, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and local tours. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights in the area include Grand Canyon National Park, Mather Point, and Hopi House.
- You'll find 396 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Grand Canyon
- The closest major airport is in Flagstaff, AZ (FLG-Flagstaff Pulliam Field), 30 mi (48.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sedona, AZ (SDX), 35.6 mi (57.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Williams
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Williams Depot and Kaibab Petroglyphs. The picturesque setting of Buckskinner Park and Kaibab National Forest Headquarters exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Thunder Eagle Native Art and Wild West Junction.
In Williams, there are 86 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sheridan House Inn - Adult Only - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Grand Canyon Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and concierge services.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Williams-Grand Canyon Area - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Humphreys Peak, located 29.5 mi (47.5 km) from the city center, and Lowell Observatory, which is 29.8 mi/47.9 km away.
Getting Around Williams
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Williams Depot. Williams might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Williams
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 16°F at night
- About 21.57 inches of rain falls on Williams each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 17°F