Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 17, 2021
Where to stay in Vancouver
Travelers to Vancouver give high marks for the shopping, bustling port, and renowned art. Vibrant and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its restaurants and museums. Top sights in the city include Granville Street, Queen Elizabeth Theatre, and BC Place Stadium.
- There are 937 hotels and other accommodations in Vancouver
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Galiano Island, BC (YMF-Montague Harbour Seaplane Base), 29.7 mi (47.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vancouver
The city is well known for its art and museums, and cultural venues include Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Vancouver Art Gallery, and Orpheum Theater. Attractions like Vancouver Aquarium, Playland Amusement Park, and Burnaby Village Museum are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Capilano Suspension Bridge, White Rock Pier, and Harbour Centre.
In Vancouver, you'll be able to select from 937 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ocean Rose Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Crystal's View Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Upper Lonsdale can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private spa tub.
- Riverfront Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Other favorite sights in Vancouver include Granville Street, BC Place Stadium, and Rogers Arena. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal, 19.1 mi/30.7 km from the city center.
Getting Around Vancouver
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Vancouver is a breeze. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Vancouver City Center Station, Granville Station, and Burrard Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Vancouver Waterfront Station, Vancouver Pacific Central Station, or Vancouver Rocky Mountaineer Station. You can learn about your water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Vancouver
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- About 1.57 inches of rain falls on Vancouver each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 31°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Vancouver?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Vancouver, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Vancouver?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Vancouver?
What's the best place to stay in Downtown Vancouver?
What's a favorite place to stay in Gastown?
What's the best hotel for families in Vancouver?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Vancouver?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Vancouver?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Vancouver?
What's the best hotel to stay with easy access to Rogers Arena?
Recent reviews of Vancouver hotels
More trip options
- Vancouver Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Vancouver Airports
- Hotels in Vancouver Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Vancouver Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Vancouver
- More Hotel Options in Vancouver
- Vancouver Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in British Columbia
- Other Hotels near Vancouver, British Columbia
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends