Families will find kid-friendly activities in Meriden, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, university setting, and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Lake Compounce, East Rock Park, and Mark Twain House.
- You'll find 138 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hartford
- The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (HFD-Hartford - Brainard), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 17.9 mi (28.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Meriden
The city's natural beauty is on display at Cedar Park, Columbus Park, and Brookside Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfield Meriden is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Andrews Homestead Museum and Habershon Field.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Meriden. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Red Roof Inn Meriden - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a health club, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Lake Compounce, 9.5 mi/15.3 km from the heart of the city, and East Rock Park, which is 14.7 mi/23.6 km away.
Getting Around Meriden
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Meriden Station. Meriden might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Meriden
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Meriden gets about 47.83 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F