Families will find kid-friendly activities in Middletown, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Top sights around the area include Naval War College Museum, Touro Synagogue, and International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum.
- You'll find 191 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Newport
- The closest major airport is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Middletown
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Easton's Beach, Norman Bird Sanctuary, and Second Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Whitehall Museum House and Newport Vineyards.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Middletown. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown, RI - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Newport/Middletown - Our customers love the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this aparthotel. This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Sea Whale Motel - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Naval War College Museum, 1.5 mi/2.4 km from the city center, and Touro Synagogue, which is 2 mi/3.2 km away.
Dressing for Middletown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 48.46 inches of rain falls on Middletown each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F