Visiting East Greenwich
Visitors to East Greenwich are sure to enjoy the entertainment choices, restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and opera houses. Around the area, top sights include Roger Williams Park Zoo, Naval War College Museum, and Kennedy Plaza.
- You'll find 85 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Providence
- The closest major airport is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Providence, RI (PVD-T.F. Green), 6.2 mi (10 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in East Greenwich
The city's cultural venues include New England Wireless and Steam Museum and Varnum House Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Windmill Cottage and Armory of the Kentish Guards.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Extended Stay America Providence Airport - West Warwick - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Roger Williams Park Zoo, 10.7 mi/17.2 km from the heart of the city, and Naval War College Museum, which is 12.8 mi (20.5 km) away.
Dressing for East Greenwich
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Average annual rainfall for East Greenwich is 47.20 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F