Visiting North Kingstown
Families enjoy visiting North Kingstown though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's beaches and seafood restaurants. Top sights around the area include Naval War College Museum, Fort Adams State Park, and Touro Synagogue.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in North Kingstown
- The closest major airport is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 9.6 mi (15.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Kingstown
Favorite places to visit in the city include Historic Wickford Village, Wickford Harbor, and Smith's Castle. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Quonset Air Museum and Vineyard Fast Ferry.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in North Kingstown. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites Providence North Kingstown - This 2.5-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Wickford Motor Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- Americas Best Value Inn North Kingstown - Amenities at this 1.5-star motel include free parking and free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Naval War College Museum, located 8.1 mi (13 km) from the city center, and Fort Adams State Park, which is 8.7 mi/14 km away.
Dressing for North Kingstown
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- About 47.20 inches of rain falls on North Kingstown each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F