Visitors can enjoy all that Willimantic has to offer including the university setting, riverfront, and museums. There are 73 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (HFD-Hartford - Brainard), 23 mi (37.1 km) from the city center. The next closest is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 27.2 mi (43.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Willimantic
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Eastern Connecticut State University is worth a campus tour. You'll also find East Brook Mall and Lebanon Historical Society Museum and Visitors Center in the area.
As you plan your trip to Willimantic, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 73 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Mohegan Sun is 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from central Willimantic. This 4.5-star resort in Montville features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a casino. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- The Fox Tower at Foxwoods is located 20.6 mi (33.1 km) from the heart of Willimantic. This 4-star resort in Mashantucket features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a casino. Our customers like its overall condition and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun is 16.6 mi (26.8 km) from the center of Willimantic. This 3-star hotel in Montville features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Willimantic
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 18°F at night
- Willimantic gets about 48.43 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F