Families will find kid-friendly activities in Roswell, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, entertainment choices, and gardens. A top sight in the area is Jimmy Carter Library and Museum.
- You'll find 837 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Atlanta
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 20.6 mi (33.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Roswell
The city's cultural venues include Teaching Museum North and Red Door Playhouse. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Archibald Smith Plantation Home and Primrose Cottage.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Roswell. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta - Roswell - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and central location.
- Best Western Plus Roswell / Alpharetta - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Atlanta/Roswell - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Popular places to see around the area include Stone Mountain, 20.5 mi/33 km from the heart of the city, and Jimmy Carter Library and Museum, which is 19.1 mi/30.7 km away.
Dressing for Roswell
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- Average annual rainfall for Roswell is 52.99 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 35°F