Visitors can enjoy all that Anahuac has to offer including its golf courses. There are 504 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (EFD-Ellington Field), 34.4 mi (55.4 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Beaumont, TX (BMT-Beaumont Municipal), 37 mi (59.6 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Anahuac
A couple of favorite places to visit are Bolivar Peninsula and Chambers County Golf Course. You'll also find Smith Oaks Bird Sanctuary and Eubank Woods Bird Sanctuary in the area.
As you plan your trip to Anahuac, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 504 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Commodore on the Beach is located 28.5 mi (45.9 km) from the heart of Anahuac. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Galveston can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel is 27.4 mi (44 km) from the center of Anahuac. This 4-star hotel in Galveston features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
- Moody Gardens Hotel, Spa and Convention Center is 30.3 mi (48.8 km) from central Anahuac. This 4-star resort in Galveston features a marina, a full-service spa, and a water park. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Kemah Boardwalk, 26.2 mi/42.2 km from the heart of the city, and Texas Seaport Museum, which is 26.5 mi (42.6 km) away.
Dressing for Anahuac
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 49°F at night
- About 50.79 inches of rain falls on Anahuac each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 50°F