Visiting Indian Rocks Beach
Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Indian Rocks Beach, which is also known for its live music and water parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and seafood restaurants. Top sights around the area include Salvador Dali Museum, Sand Key Park, and Pier 60 Park.
- You'll find 2651 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (SPG-Albert Whitted), 15.9 mi (25.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Indian Rocks Beach
Salvador Dali Museum, Sand Key Park, and Pier 60 Park are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Great Explorations Children's Museum.
In Indian Rocks Beach, there are 258 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- HarbourSide at Marker 33 - With a stay at this 3-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach S-Harbourside - Our customers like the comfortable rooms and overall condition at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a marina, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Gulf Towers Resort Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and self-service laundry, along with an in-room refrigerator. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to visit around the area include Sunken Gardens, located 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the city center, and Tropicana Field, which is 14.9 mi/23.9 km away.
Dressing for Indian Rocks Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 61°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- About 54.72 inches of rain falls on Indian Rocks Beach each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 54°F