Visiting Ellicott City
Visitors to Ellicott City are sure to enjoy the restaurants and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, shopping, and riverfront. National Aquarium in Baltimore, B&O Railroad Museum, and M&T Bank Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 318 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Baltimore
- The closest major airport is in Baltimore, MD (BWI-Baltimore Washington Intl. Thurgood Marshall), 11.3 mi (18.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Meade, MD (FME-Tipton), 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ellicott City
Favorite places to visit in the city include Centennial Park, Howard County Welcome Center, and B&O Railroad Station Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Patapsco Valley State Park and Benjamin Banneker Historical Park & Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ellicott City. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Wayside Inn Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Residence Inn By Marriott Columbia - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Turf Valley Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include National Aquarium in Baltimore, located 12.7 mi (20.5 km) from the city center, and B&O Railroad Museum, which is 11.4 mi (18.4 km) away.
Dressing for Ellicott City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Average annual rainfall for Ellicott City is 41.89 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F