Visitors to Columbia are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, entertainment choices, and opera houses.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Columbia
- The closest major airport is in Smyrna, TN (MQY), 39.2 mi (63 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nashville, TN (BNA-Nashville Intl.), 41.1 mi (66.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Columbia
The city's cultural venues include aMuse'um Columbia Children's Museum and Wyatt Archaeological Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like James K. Polk Ancestral Home, James K. Polk House, and Rippavilla Plantation. The picturesque setting of Lewisburg Recreation Center and Hooper Island exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Columbia. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Spring Hill - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn Spring Hill - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Columbia - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is CoolSprings Galleria, located 26.7 mi (42.9 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Columbia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Columbia is 59.72 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F