Visiting Coney Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Coney Island has to offer including the beaches, theme park, and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium and art. Top sights in the city include New York Aquarium and Luna Park.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Coney Island
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 11.1 mi (17.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.), 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Coney Island
Attractions like New York Aquarium, Luna Park, and Deno's Wonder Wheel Amusement Park are fun for kids of all ages. The picturesque setting of Coney Island Beach and Holocaust Memorial Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Brooklyn Wall of Remebrance and MCU Park.
As you plan your vacation to Coney Island, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 674 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Coney Island Private 1 BR, Full Bath, Kitchen Wi Fi Cable TV Linens & Towel is 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from central Coney Island. This 4-star hotel in New York features 3 restaurants, a 24-hour health club, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
- NYC 30 min by Subway, Brooklyn, Brighton Beach 2 is 0.6 mi (1 km) from the center of Coney Island. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in New York can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to the airport.
- Luxury Living Condo 1 bdr is located 1 mi (1.6 km) from the heart of Coney Island. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in New York can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Prospect Park, located 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center, and Barclays Center Brooklyn, which is 7.3 mi (11.8 km) away.
Getting Around Coney Island
Walk to nearby metro stations like West 8 St. NY Aquarium Station, Ocean Pkwy Station, and Neptune Av. Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Coney Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Coney Island is 49.96 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F