Visiting Far Rockaway
Visitors to Far Rockaway are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and coffeehouses. Long Beach, Brooklyn Museum, and Brooklyn Bridge are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1504 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 13.2 mi (21.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Far Rockaway
Long Beach, Brooklyn Museum, and Brooklyn Bridge are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Chrysler Building and Grand Central Terminal.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Far Rockaway. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Inn Your Element B&B - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Queens can enjoy access to a rooftop terrace and a computer station, along with free WiFi.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Far Rockaway - JFK Airport - Our customers like the proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel in Queens features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Popular places to visit in the area include Empire State Building, 15.2 mi/24.5 km from the city center, and Bloomingdale's, which is 15.2 mi (24.5 km) away.
Getting Around Far Rockaway
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Far Rockaway is a breeze. You can take advantage of metro transit at Beach 36 St. Station, Beach 44 St. Station, and Beach 25 St. Station. If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Far Rockaway Station.
Dressing for Far Rockaway
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- About 42.76 inches of rain falls on Far Rockaway each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F