Visitors can enjoy all that Sunnyside has to offer including the restaurants and architecture. This city also attracts tourists with its vibrant and scenic setting. Around the area, top sights include Bloomingdale's, Chrysler Building, and Barney's.
- You'll find 1504 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 3.3 mi (5.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 10 mi (16.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sunnyside
A favorite place to visit in the city is Thalia Spanish Theatre. In the area, you'll also find Bloomingdale's and Chrysler Building.
As you plan your vacation to Sunnyside, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 1750 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Superb Location in a Great Spacious & Traditional Nyc, Free Wifi is 0.1 mi (0.2 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in New York features 3 restaurants, a 24-hour health club, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- Superb Location in a Great Spacious & Traditional Nyc, Free Wifi is located 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from the city center. This 3-star hotel in New York features parking, a business center, and concierge services. Our customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
- The Roosevelt Hotel, New York City is located within 3.1 mi (4.9 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in New York can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to public transit.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Barney's, located 3 mi (4.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Grand Central Terminal, which is 3 mi/4.9 km away.
Getting Around Sunnyside
Nearby metro stations include 46 St. Station and 40 St. Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Sunnyside
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Sunnyside gets about 44.76 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F