Find Hotels in Kingston, RI
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Aug 13, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 25, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Dec 29, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 11, 2021
Visitors can enjoy all that Kingston has to offer including the festivals, university setting, and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and live music. Top sights around the area include Fort Adams State Park, Naval War College Museum, and Touro Synagogue.
- There are 434 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 9.4 mi (15.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 12.8 mi (20.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kingston
The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Rhode Island is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Ryan Center to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation to Kingston, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 144 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Bellissimo Grande Hotel is 19.7 mi (31.7 km) from central Kingston. This 3.5-star hotel in North Stonington features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Hotel Viking is 11 mi (17.7 km) from the center of Kingston. This 4-star hotel in Newport features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its bar and quiet location.
- Hilltop Inn & Suites - North Stonington is located 19.5 mi (31.3 km) from the heart of Kingston. This 2.5-star hotel in North Stonington features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Fort Adams State Park, located 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from the city center, and Naval War College Museum, which is 10.3 mi (16.5 km) away.
Dressing for Kingston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 25°F at night
- Kingston gets about 48.46 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Kingston?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kingston, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Kingston?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to University of Rhode Island?
What about the best place to stay near Ryan Center?
What are some accommodations with pools in Kingston?
Recent reviews of Kingston hotels
More trip options
- Kingston Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kingston Airports
- Hotels near Popular Kingston Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Kingston
- More Hotel Options in Kingston
- More Popular Hotels in Rhode Island
- Other Hotels near Kingston, Rhode Island
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends