Families will find kid-friendly activities in Enfield, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theme park. Around the area, top sights include Springfield Armory, Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, and Volleyball Hall of Fame.
- You'll find 77 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Springfield
- The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Westfield, MA (BAF-Barnes Municipal), 15.3 mi (24.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Enfield
The picturesque setting of Powder Hollow Park and Scantic River State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Grassmere Country Club to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Enfield. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Holiday Inn Springfield South - Enfield CT - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Sherwood Manor features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Red Roof Inn Enfield - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and WiFi.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Springfield Armory, located 8.7 mi (14 km) from the heart of the city, and Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, which is 7.8 mi/12.6 km away.
Dressing for Enfield
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- About 45.79 inches of rain falls on Enfield each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F