Find Hotels in Genoa
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 13, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 4, 2020
Where to stay in Genoa
5/5Exceptional!(8 area reviews)
Unique features of Nervi include the seaside views and gardens. Make a stop by Passeggiata di Anita Garibaldi or Port of Nervi while you're exploring the area.
Genoa Historical Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(96 area reviews)
Genoa Historical Centre is popular for its waterfront views, and if you're looking for more to see and do, you might think about a trip to Cattedrale di San Lorenzo or Doge's Palace.
While there might not be top attractions in Boccadasse, you can explore the larger area and discover places like Fiera di Genova and Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Genova.
5/5Exceptional!(3 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Castelletto, Castello d'Albertis and Museum of World Cultures (Museo delle Culture del Monde) are top sights worth seeing.
4.5/5Wonderful!(13 area reviews)
While visiting San Vincenzo, you might make a stop by sights like Piazza de Ferrari and Medieval Gates (Porta Soprana).
History buffs will enjoy exploring Genoa, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, must-see aquarium, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its museums, cafés, and monuments. Top sights in the city include Piazza de Ferrari, Palazzo Ducale, and Medieval Gates (Porta Soprana).
- There are 642 hotels and other accommodations in Genoa
- The closest major airport is in Genoa (GOA-Cristoforo Colombo), 4.1 mi (6.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Genoa
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Ligurian Gallery at the Spinola Palace (Galleria Nazionale di Palazzo Spinola), Chiossone Museum of Oriental Art (Museo d'Arte Orientale), and Genoa Port Center. Attractions like Aquarium of Genoa and Passeggiata di Anita Garibaldi are fun for everyone, not just kids. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Piazza de Ferrari, Palazzo Ducale, and Medieval Gates (Porta Soprana).
In Genoa, you'll find 642 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Civetta Bianca - Amenities at this townhouse accommodation include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Genova Liberty - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in San Vincenzo features free breakfast, free WiFi, and laundry facilities.
- Vittoria Rooms - This townhouse accommodation in San Vincenzo features free WiFi and parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Genoa include Cattedrale di San Lorenzo, Torre degli Embriaci, and Santa Maria di Castello. Outside the city, popular places to see include Serravalle Designer Outlet, 23.1 mi/37.2 km from the heart of the city, and San Fruttuoso Abbey, which is 13.5 mi (21.7 km) away.
Getting Around Genoa
With so many transportation options, exploring Genoa is easy. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Genoa Genova Brignole Station, Genoa Piazza Principe Station, or Genoa Via di Francia Station. You can explore water transportation options at the port.
Dressing for Genoa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 40°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 42°F at night
- About 50.20 inches of rain falls on Genoa each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 42°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Genoa?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Genoa, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Genoa?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Genoa?
Where is the best place to stay in Nervi?
What's a favorite place to stay in Sestri Ponente?
What's the best place to stay for families in Genoa?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Genoa?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Genoa?
Where is the best place to stay close to Aquarium of Genoa?
What about the best place to stay near Old Port?
Recent reviews of Genoa hotels
More trip options
- Genoa Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Genoa Airports
- Hotels in Genoa Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Genoa Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Genoa
- More Hotel Options in Genoa
- More Popular Hotels in Liguria
- Other Hotels near Genoa, Liguria
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends